Konkan the place that is well-known by its name Konkan coast is a city that is situated on the western shores of India. It is situated within the Indian state of Maharashtra. Konkan is situated in the midst of several rivers. There are also many stunning forts. It’s enhanced in its beauty due to the high mountains and waterfalls.
Many tourists come to Konkan due to its stunning beauty. However, for those who love adventure, Konkan openly welcomes you with plenty of activities as well. Many adventure-related activities are offered there, such as speed boat excursions, Scuba diving, and many more.
Dive diving at Konkan
Konkan is regarded as the most ideal place to go diving. It’s packed with excitement and a myriad of exciting elements that make Konkan the ideal spot for water enthusiasts. Because Konkan being situated on the coast the area offers stunning views and a wide range of water sports, such as kayaking, river rafting, and more.
Best Places for Scuba Diving
Two of the best locations where Scuba Diving facilities are offered include Malvan as well as Tarkarli. As we mentioned, Konkan is the best spot for water sports.
The very first location where you can go diving is located in Malvan. The company offers its services to tourists as well as locals. The scuba diving area is situated in the south of Sindhudurg fort. There is a Kudal train station located close to Malvan which is located in a distance of around 30 kilometers.
Transportation options such as cabs and buses are accessible within Malvan starting from Kudal. You can reserve your accommodation in one of the hotels on the island of the tsunami.
How to Reach
It is possible to reach the dive site from the island via the dock. The guide will be our experienced staff who will accompany you throughout your adventure.
Professional trainers will give the instruction. Also, you can enjoy a Banana boat ride and bumper boat rides, and an island trip as well. It is an amazing time in the shallow oceans of the stunning beaches of Malvan, Konkan. The price of Scuba Diving is INR 8250 and the duration is 6 hours.
Tarkarli is another great spot to go for Scuba Diving in Konkan. It is a must to visit Scuba Diving on Tsunami Island in this area too. It’s located in the vicinity of Devbagh located in Konkan. Kudal railway station isn’t far away as it’s 45 kilometers from Konkan to Tarkarli. It is possible to take a cab or bus to get to Tarkarli beach. There are a variety of water sports to enjoy here.
You will receive a certified instructor to guide you through different water sports. They will guide you in reducing anxiety under the water when diving. There is also the option of a dolphin safari. The duration is six hours and costs INR 850.00.
Tips For Scuba Diving
If you’re thinking of Scuba Diving at Konkan, there are a few things you need to be aware of.
- Smoking cigarettes is prohibited in this area.
- Avoid drinking alcohol since it’s a restriction.
- If you are planning to take a trip Scuba Diving, don’t go there under the influence of alcohol.
- Do not be hesitant to seek the guidance of experts even if are an expert at swimming, since it’s not a matter of negotiation.
- Be sure to bring the necessary items such as ID proofs, extra sets of towels, clothes and food items, and shoes.
- Make sure to apply sunscreen all the time. Do not forget to bring medical and sanitation kits too.
- If you’re not a great swimmer, then you may opt to go for Scuba diving, as you’ll be trained by professional instructors and they ensure your security.
- Prior to performing Scuba Diving, do not consume oily foods.
- Foods that are heavy should be avoided.
- Food items that contain acid like pineapple have to be avoided when going to Scuba Diving.
- It is recommended to eat solid and starchy food items only.